Community Action IS a Family. Which means yours is important to us.
For families ready to move to into a life of security and stability, we offer custom case management to help families learn as a unit to budget income, maintain a home, and embrace education.
Mid-KS CAP embraces and utilizes the framework of the Higher Achievement Together project. This is a “strengths-based” form of case management that begins with a household and personal assessment. During this process you’ll identify current and potential barriers to self-reliance, and current and future opportunities for success. In working with Community Action staff on a monthly basis, you’ll develop goals to overcome almost any challenge, and each goal will be paired with the appropriate resources. These resources may include:
- Pre-employment skills training
- Job search guidance and assistance
- Budgeting classes, spending plans, and credit repair
- High school or post-secondary educational assistance
- Rent and/or utility assistance (Please note that customers are expected to contribute their own financial assets to monthly expenses even as employment or stable income is secured.)
Community Action staff provides quality data and guidance, so you’ll be able to make informed decisions and understand repercussions, both positive and negative, along the path to self-sufficiency and self-reliance. While each journey along that path is different, the Higher Achievement Together project can take up to two years for some.
Are you ready to change your life? Contact us today.